Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dream House

I wouldn't say my dream house has anything to do with the "house". I guess a better title would be my "dream living situation". The reason I clarify is although I would like a nice house more important to me is the land or acreage that it would sit on. I grew up a out in the country on thirteen acres. I also spent at least 9 years of my childhood living in the city in a residential neighborhood. I have fond memories there too. But when we lived out in the country as children we were able to dirt bike, make pallet forts, make mud pies :), we had dogs, ducks, chickens, goats and even cows, we were able to roam all over and thoroughly enjoy the beautiful outdoors. I would say that it was here on the thirteen acres in Jerome that I developed a lot of horticulture and more specifically plant propagation. From then on I have loved plants. To this day I ache to be planting something. I guess its in my blood. Before even unpacking here at our new house I had to plant my vegetable garden (granted it is small - 2 peppers, 2 basil, and eight tomato plants). I planted a bunch of container plants (seven color bowls i.e flowers). So to sum up my "dream home" would not be about the home itself but rather the land that it sat on. If it had a lake, river, pond or spring that would only make it better. I would want acres and acres to plant trees, shrubs and flowers. I would start a nursery in my backyard - HEAVEN! But with that I would have it full landscaped with paths, patios, bridges, arbors, firepit, gazebos, children's play area, secluded seating areas and a pool would be nice. It would have irrigation shares so that it could be watered without too much expense. This to me would be heaven on earth for me! Here are some of the pictures that I've taken at some very beautiful landscapes that I have been to.

No comments: